This intensive five hour IKO course will take you through the basics of kitesurfing. This course is an absolute must for anyone planning on taking up kitesurfing or can act as a refresher if you’ve been away for a while – or simply as a taster to one of the worlds most exciting and environmentally friendly sport!
We supply state of the art equipment from Naish, Best Kiteboarding and Ocean Rodeo on all courses, including wetsuit, bouyancy aid, helmet and of course the kite. Each course has an excellent student instructor ratio and all of our instructors are fully IKO certified.
This course covers the following skills:
- Understanding where and when its safe to fly
- Carrying and setting up the kite and lines
- Determining the wind direction and upwind and downwind directions (windward, leeward)
- Flying a small kite on the wind window edge and maintaining it close to the ground
- Knowing how to stop the kite power in case of problem by releasing the bar
- Knowing how to safely launch and land the kite
- Body dragging
Is this the course for you?
Book in for a One Day Taster course by clicking the ‘Book Now’ link below to receive your TRYkitesurfing course voucher.
Valid up to 12 months after purchase, our vouchers can be claimed back on a weekend of your choice during our on-season (March – October). Due to variable weather, please select three weekends which suit you and email our team at email@example.com to confirm your date.
Read our full Terms & Conditions for more info.