This intensive two day IKO course will take you through the basics of kitesurfing – from kite control to getting you up and going on the board. This course is an absolute must for anyone who wants to get themselves ready to enter the exciting world of kitesurfing in the shortest time possible.
This two day course is aimed at getting students ready for the IKO level 3 certificate – the universally recognised kitesurfer “driving license”.
We supply state of the art equipment from Naish, Best Kiteboarding and Ocean Rodeo on all courses, including wetsuit, bouyancy aid, helmet and of course kite. Each course has an excellent student instructor ratio, with all our instructors being fully IKO or BKSA certified.
This course covers the following skills:
- Carrying and setting up the lines and kite
- Determining the wind direction and upwind and downwind directions (windward, leeward)
- Flying a small kite on the wind window edge and maintaining it close to the ground
- Knowing how to manipulate the kite power
- Knowing how to safely launch and land the kite
- …and of course – getting up on the board and kitesurfing!
Is this the course for you?
Book in for a Two Day Taster course by clicking the ‘Book Now’ link below to receive your TRYkitesurfing course voucher.
Valid up to 12 months after purchase, our vouchers can be claimed back on a weekend of your choice during our on-season (March – October). Due to variable weather, please select three weekends which suit you and email our team at email@example.com to confirm your date.
Read our full Terms & Conditions for more info.